Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week 12: Geocoding and Modelbuilder


This week we had two lab assignments. Both lab assignments were relatively short and easy. The first assignment was a geocoding lab. In this lab, I created a map showing Emergency Management Services in Lake County, FL and an optimal route to one of the locations. I used ArcMap and created the map using geocoding by address matching and I created a new route analysis using network analsyst to compute an optimal route for a selected destination. The second lab assignment was a tutorial lab. In this lab, I used ESRI Virtual Campus to learn how to build models for GIS analysis using ArcGIS. I was able to explore the various tools and functions of the model builder to get a basic understanding of its usefulness. In section 3 of the virtual course, we are assigned to create a practice model using ArcMap model builder which I have displayed in a screen shot below the image of my map from this week. I believe the modelbuilder is going to be a very useful tool in future projects because the modelbuilder makes it easy to visualize all of the steps in an analysis process at once and it is easy to edit each of the steps within the modelbuilder. 

Note: This post was published late because I did not realize it was only saved as a draft and not published last week! D'oh!



No comments:

Post a Comment